Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Repurpose Wednesday: Painted Bobby Pins


Pin It!
 


I have loads of bobby pins sitting around my house, and in almost every room of the house. I use them in hair a lot. They are great for pinning down stray hairs, or helping to complete your hairstyle.

But sometimes, they are just too plain for me. I couldn't help but think that there has to be way to doll them up and then it hit me: I could paint them! It's perfect! I could paint them in several different colors.

And this is such an easy and fast project.

Materials Needed

Bobby pins
Nail polish
Cardstock paper (or any paper could work)

1.   I wanted something that allowed me to keep the bobby pins still and not have me touch them, so I chose to slip the bobby pins over some cardstock paper. It was thick and sturdy enough so the bobby pins wouldn't slide off.



2.  Next, I got out some of my nail polish colors and painted the top of my bobby pins. Nail polish? I'm sure you could use paint but I chose nail polish because I already had it on hand and it had a small brush making it easier to apply. 

3.   Let dry!



Now tell me, how easy was that? I want to see your creations! Share them with me. You can upload your pics and links (if you have a site) via email, the Flickr group, or on my Facebook page and you could end up on Show Me Saturday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say. Do you have tips, comments, suggestions or something totally else to say? I want to know. Your comments and opinions mean a lot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...