Tuesday, January 10, 2012

On The Menu: Hot Chocolate Spoons


Pin It!

One of my favorite things about winter is curling up and drinking some hot chocolate. Drinking hot chocolate when it's snowing out is even better. Here, in Savannah, that never happens but I can dream right? LOL!

What's better than plain ol' hot chocolate? Hot Chocolate with some pizazz! Adding marshmallows or stirring your hot chocolate with a peppermint stick definitely adds pizazz, but what I really love to add to my hot chocolate....Hot Chocolate Spoons!

These spoons aren't only cute and decorative, they definitely add pizazz and more flavor to your hot chocolate. 

I don't have a lot of pictures of actually making them but they are so simple to make, I think you'll catch on.

Ingredients Needed
Chocolate chips
Peanut butter chips
Any other chips you decide to use (white chocolate, butterscotch, mint, etc)
Plastic spoons
Anything you want to use to decorate your spoons (crushed candy canes, marshmallows, coconut, etc)
Wax paper

1.   Grab a few microwave bowls and pour 1-2 cups of chips into each bowl. I used chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.

2.   Microwave one bowl at a time for 15-25 seconds at time stirring the chips after each time until the chips are melted. 

3. Once you have the chips melted, dip your spoons in the melted chocolate until the spoon is covered.

4. Decorate your spoons!!!

**Note: When I made our spoons, I melted one batch of chips, dipped and decorated before moving onto another batch, that way they didn't begin to harden. So I made all of our chocolate spoons before melting the peanut butter chips and making the peanut butter spoons.

5.   Place your decorated spoons on wax paper and then stick them in the refrigerator to harden.

6.   Once you make hot chocolate, just use your spoon to stir your hot chocolate. They will melt in your hot chocolate adding lots of extra flavor!

Mmm.....Enjoy!!!!


How do you like your hot chocolate?

What projects have you made? Have you used any of my posted tutorials or is it something new? Send me your photos and links (if you have a site) via email, the Flickr group, or on my Facebook page and you could end up on Show Me Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. I’ve been searching for some decent stuff on the subject and haven't had any luck up until this point, You just got a new biggest fan!.. customized chocolate singapore

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say. Do you have tips, comments, suggestions or something totally else to say? I want to know. Your comments and opinions mean a lot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...