Monday, October 31, 2011

Painted Pumpkins


Pin It!
We have a tradition. Every year for Halloween, we carve pumpkins. I have carved pumpkins for as long as I can remember. However, this year was a different story. We live in an apartment (until this weekend. lol) that doesn't really allow for us to put carved pumpkins outside. I didn't want that to stop us from getting pumpkins, especially since it was Jordyn's first Halloween. We went to the pumpkin patch and picked out pumpkins and instead of carving the pumpkins this year, we decided to paint them. We grabbed our paint brushes, acrylic paint and our pumpkins and just painted away. My 6 yr old, Dylan had a blast. He painted two faces on his pumpkin, among other things on his pumpkin. Since Jordyn can't paint, I painted her face on her pumpkin.

It was super easy, much faster than carving, and I can use these to make pumpkin pie. Even with the benefits of painting our pumpkins, I am still bummed we couldn't carve the pumpkins and will go back to carving pumpkins next year. I'm a traditional kinda girl and want to stick with what I've done for years.

But here's our pumpkins (bare in my mind, I am no painter. lol):

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say. Do you have tips, comments, suggestions or something totally else to say? I want to know. Your comments and opinions mean a lot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...