Sunday, November 27, 2011

New Changes: A New Format With Themes


Pin It!
The holiday weekend is winding down and the holiday shopping season is under way and in full swing. I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving and ate lots. You may have noticed it has been rather quiet around here. I have been trying to think of ways to have a more active blog. My first thought was to post more often. That is key! If I want to be more active, I must first take a more active approach. My second thought was to have guest bloggers. I'm new to blogging so I'm not exactly sure how this works but I will figure it out but figure again, I should be a bit more active first. While I have several other ideas, that have gotten me really excited, everything comes down to more posts. I wanted to think of a way to have new content all the time, but keep it interesting and different.  I came to the conclusion to have a different topic/theme for each of the week. Here is what I have decided on:

Sunday: Shake It Up Sunday ~ This theme is going to a miscellaneous theme. It could have anything from tips, polls, an extra craft, places of an inspiration, contests (a definite must that will be coming), anything, you name it. With a variety of topics, we'll be "shaking it up" each week. I know corny, but I had to. 

Monday: Make It Monday ~ Mondays will be the day I share a craft tutorial on how to make something from "scratch. When I say from "scratch" I mean it will be a project that is not made from anything repurposed. It's a project such as the tutu or baby blocks, or even the wooden wall letters.

Tuesday: On The Menu Tuesday ~ I am always looking for a new recipe. I'm not the best cook in the world, but I'm learning. Each Tuesday, I'll share a recipe I tried out the previous week and let you know if it recieved a thumbs up or thumbs down from the boys in the house who have no problem sharing their dinner thoughts. And I know, it's not a craft but it is a creation.

Wednesday: Repurpose Wednesday ~ We all have items laying around the house that we don't use or need. I'll take those items and create something else out them. I'll make items like baby leg warmers, or lego head jars (be on the look out for that this week).

Thursday: Thankful Thursday ~ Thursdays will be dedicated to you, the readers, and other blogs and websites that have give me ideas and inspiration. I will be giving a shout out to certain readers who have been dedicated followers along with an interview with them. And I can't forget about the blogs and websites that give me inspiration and tips. I will give them the recognition they deserve as well. Do you want to be considered for Thankful Thursday? Do you have a blog or website that you would like considered? Click here for details.

Friday: Organize It Friday ~ I have always like to be somewhat organized but recently I have really gotten into it. Each week, I'll share my organizing tips and projects with you. You see my previous organizing projects here and here

Saturday: Show Me Saturday ~ Saturday is all about YOU! I want to showcase reader submissions of projects you have created this week. If you would like to see your creations on Show Me Saturday, click here for details.

Do you have any thoughts or suggestions? I'd love to hear them!

2 comments:

I'd love to hear what you have to say. Do you have tips, comments, suggestions or something totally else to say? I want to know. Your comments and opinions mean a lot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...