Tuesday, November 29, 2011

On The Menu Tuesday: Thanksgiving Turkey


Pin It!
I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving. This year was our first Thanksgiving as a family. The past years, my husband has been away for the Marines so we haven't had a Thanksgiving together since we met. I was pretty nervous about making a turkey but I was definitely going to try. Since there are only four people eating turkey in our house (one being a 6 year old and one being a 10 month old baby that only had pieces) I knew we wouldn't need a large turkey. I bought a 3 pound turkey breast.

Thanksgiving morning I still wasn't positive how I was going to cook this turkey but I knew the basics. And then a segment on The Today Show popped up. They had Bobby Flay as the chef and he was explaining an easy to make the turkey. I followed his super simple and basic directions and our turkey turned out FABULOUS!!! It was one of the juiciest turkeys I had ever eaten. I don't mean to brag but I am very proud of myself. And I apologize for the picture, but the hubby was really hungry and started carving it before I could take a picture, so this is what I got. LOL!


Anyway, here's the "recipe." Well not really recipe so much as what I did.

Ingredients Needed:
Turkey
Butter
Chicken Stock
Seasoning Salt
Pepper
Dry Herbs


  1. Place your thawed turkey in a roasting pan. (Honestly, I don't have a roasting pan and my turkey was so small I just put it in a 9 x 9 pan.
  2. Brush softened butter all over the turkey with a basting brush.
  3. Sprinkle seasoning salt, pepper and herbs all over the turkey.
  4. Then pour chicken stock into the bottom of the pan. There is no specified amount but I poured enough to fill the pan 1/2" if that.
  5. Stick your turkey in the oven and cook the turkey at the specified temperature and for the specified amount of time on the package of the turkey.
That's it! The chicken stock in the pan will soak into the turkey and also steam as the turkey cooks. The steam will also absorb into the turkey making it juicy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say. Do you have tips, comments, suggestions or something totally else to say? I want to know. Your comments and opinions mean a lot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...