What's better than plain ol' hot chocolate? Hot Chocolate with some pizazz! Adding marshmallows or stirring your hot chocolate with a peppermint stick definitely adds pizazz, but what I really love to add to my hot chocolate....Hot Chocolate Spoons!
These spoons aren't only cute and decorative, they definitely add pizazz and more flavor to your hot chocolate.
I don't have a lot of pictures of actually making them but they are so simple to make, I think you'll catch on.
Peanut butter chips
Any other chips you decide to use (white chocolate, butterscotch, mint, etc)
Anything you want to use to decorate your spoons (crushed candy canes, marshmallows, coconut, etc)
1. Grab a few microwave bowls and pour 1-2 cups of chips into each bowl. I used chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
2. Microwave one bowl at a time for 15-25 seconds at time stirring the chips after each time until the chips are melted.
3. Once you have the chips melted, dip your spoons in the melted chocolate until the spoon is covered.
4. Decorate your spoons!!!
**Note: When I made our spoons, I melted one batch of chips, dipped and decorated before moving onto another batch, that way they didn't begin to harden. So I made all of our chocolate spoons before melting the peanut butter chips and making the peanut butter spoons.
5. Place your decorated spoons on wax paper and then stick them in the refrigerator to harden.
6. Once you make hot chocolate, just use your spoon to stir your hot chocolate. They will melt in your hot chocolate adding lots of extra flavor!