Thursday, December 1, 2011

Organize It Friday: Snack Baskets


Pin It!
Yesterday, I featured the I Heart Organizing blog as my very first Thankful Thursday post. I listed several projects of mine that Ireally love and also told you to be on the look out today for an organizing project of hers that I have tried out. Well here it is.

Now, this is not my first project of hers that I have completed. My first was the Schoolwork Storage project. There isn't a post on my blog about it (That project was done before I started my own blog.) but you can check out Jen's project here.

Browsing around one of my new favorite blogs I Heart Organizing, I found a new way to store our snacks seen here. I have been dividing out snacks into
individual portions for a while. That has made things really easy especially when we're in a rush to the bus stop in the morning. Dylan can just grab a bag and go and doesn't have to wait on me to fill one up. It also helps out with portion control for everyone, which is great for healthier eating. Previously I had been storing the snacks in a wicker bowl which was too small and it didn't make organizing the snacks very easy. Once I saw this plastic container, I knew it would look SO much better

After dividing our most recent purchase of snacks into individual portions, I then organized them neatly into the basket.

And here it is:


















We don't have a pantry in our house so I have placed the basket on the counter so Dylan is able to reach it when he wants a snack!

I also made one for our refrigerated snacks (which was looking a little sparse today):

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It has made snack time super easy for us!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say. Do you have tips, comments, suggestions or something totally else to say? I want to know. Your comments and opinions mean a lot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...